MrPi Cloud Broad Pathogen Detection
Broad Pathogen Analysis Service
What is it?
For Hospital and Testing Laboratories, Researchers and Infectious Disease units,
MrPi Cloud system is designed to broadly analyze a single sample and detect the presence of:
Broad Pathogen Detection from a single sample
- Viral Pathogens
- Bacterial Pathogens
- Fungal Pathogens
Deeper Pathogen Insights Using Genetics
Unlike existing diagnostic methods, MrPi cloud uses the genetic markers found in a single sample to analyze the genetic makeup of millions of know pathogens.
Key information is output in the report which can is generated in the cloud – including:
- Information about Antibiotic Resistance
- Details on the specific sub-strains of the pathogen and their genetic relatives
- Viral matches to vaccines
- Quantity and Prevalence of a particular pathogen in a sample
Fast and Highly Effective Results
The cloud can output results after referencing millions of possible pathogens in less than 24 hours. Because we use genetic sequences to identify possible matches, the detection is highly accurate.
The cloud is cost effective with options including variable pricing on a per analysis basis as well as package billing options.
Our Cloud Services work with sequenced DNA files. We can work with you to properly set up sequencing and sample processing for use with the cloud.
- Clinical Antibiotic Resistance Testing
- Vaccine Efficacy Response Testing
- Diagnostics of difficult to pinpoint and complex illness
- Early detection of pathogens found in livestock populations
- Agriculture, Food and Watery Safety
- Water Sample Analysis
- Food Safety Broad-based pathogen analysis
- Agricultural analytics to find plant based illness
- Drug and Vaccine Production
- Early Product Cycle Cost effective safety detection
How it works:
- After a sample is collected, it has to be prepared. The preparation of the sample will vary according to the nature of the sample and the type of information that the testing provider is looking to extract. In some cases, the samples have to go through some additional preparation steps to make them ready for sequencing – for example, if sequencing plant materials.
- Once the samples have been prepared, they are sequenced. Our solution works with a variety of sequencers, please contact us for an up to date list.
- The sequencer will output a sequence file which can be uploaded to the cloud platform or passed to us through other secure protocols such as sftp.
- We offer several solutions when it comes to speed and can accelerate the processing of samples if needed, however in most cases, a sample sequence can be reliably processed in under 24 hours.
- A report is provided that will outline pathogens, their genetic makeup and genetic families, any information such as antibiotic resistance or vaccine relationships as well as frequency inside the sample.